Last week I've got a package from TrainSignal that contains the brand new released training: "VMWare View 5 Essential Training". This course comes on two DVDs or can be accessed online (Mobile On-Demand Training Train Where You Want, When You Want).
I've attended the training from my home workstation: the training is very complete and it's a must for both for virtualization starters and virtualization designers/administrators (as the course cover the upgrade process from View 4.5 to View 5.0 along with new features like Persona Management and the new PCoIP optimization settings).
This course was designed to walk you through:
- The concepts of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- The components of VMware View
- How to install and configure VMware View
- How to manage desktop pools, user data, printing and applications within VMware View
- Some basic troubleshooting tips
The instructors of the course are:
- Brian Knudtson vExpert, Quadruple VCP, VCA-Desktop, VCP-Desktop, VCAP-DCA, VCAP-DCD
- Lane Leverett VCDX 3 and 4 (VCDX #53), VCAP4-DCD, VCA4-DT , VCP4-DT, VCP3 and 4, MCSE NT4/2000/2003, CCNA, DCUCD, DCUC
I've inserted the first DVD in my laptop and a splash windows appears with the table of contents of the training
so to have an easy navigation through all the subjects and jump back and forth into the matters that you are most interested in.
Clicking on each "chapter" will open the video lesson on your default browser.
if you want you can watch a demo of a lesson just click on the image above.
The whole course is divided into 15 lessons (you can learn a lot with more than 7 hours of videos...). The course outline is depicted in the figure below.
The second DVD come with additional format materials: high resolution videos, mp3 and pdf with useful instructor notes.
As always - a great training from TrainSignal
I'm trying to organize a CONTEST on this blog that will have as prizes two DVD packages of TrainSignal "VMWare View 5 Essential Training", so...
STAY TUNED FOR NEXT POSTS