This patch is for ESX Server 2.5.3 and addresses the following issues:
- Bug 66534 VMs BSOD with STOP: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error during VMotion across HP Blades -->This patch includes a change in SCSI error handling. Prior to this patch, certain SCSI behaviors resulted in an error condition being passed to guest operating systems. After ESX Server 2.5.3 Upgrade Patch 2 is applied, the guest operating system will be passed a retry for its I/O rather than receiving the error condition.
- This patch refines runt-packet padding behavior in order to accommodate relatively rare circumstances where Ethernet frames are dropped and/or flagged as suspicious by a network security appliance.
- This patch fixes a bug that caused the VMware Management Interface not to display some groups defined in /etc/group. This is also fixed for ESX Server 2.1.3 in ESX Server 2.1.3 Upgrade Patch 1.
- This patch enables the use of non-alphanumeric characters in passwords in the VMware Management Interface without generating an error message.This is also fixed for ESX Server 2.1.3 in ESX Server 2.1.3 Upgrade Patch 1. For additional information, refer to KB 2098.
- This patch enables support for the Sun StorageTek FLX-380 storage array.